Monday, September 21, 2009

I don't know about this blog thing....

But I thought I'd give it a try. This is something new for me and so while my baby naps I'm entering the world of blogging. Who is really going to read this anyway??? I used to be really into journaling so maybe this is a fresh start. I have no idea why I want to take it public. What am I supposed to blog about? Do I want to be super deep and bear my soul to the world or would I rather be witty and charming drawing readers in for quality entertainment (or at least what I think is quality)?





What I really dream about is my blog becoming so popular that I can quit my job and stay home with my baby. You know, like that chic in Julie & Julia or that stay at home mom I saw on Good Morning America. Maybe someone will like what I have to say enough for that to happen. I am definitely laughing at myself for writing this because the reality is only a handful of friends and/or family are going to care enough to read this.





It would be more worth my time to be napping right now. I have to face it, being mom to a 7 week old is hard and I am tired. She has slept 8 or 9 hours the last 3 nights so I don't have much to complain about. Oh wait, only that in 2 weeks I have to go back to work. To a job where I am caring for other people's children and leaving my own. She is going to be with her daddy which is great but my heart is breaking. It's that feeling you get when you just got dumped and you absolutely cannot stand the thought of not being with that person. You just feel like you really are going to go crazy. That's what it feels like to think about leaving this sweet baby girl.




Just look at that face....could she be any cuter?!?!

It is completely against everything in my nature to leave her. I have always wanted to be at home with my babies....ALWAYS. How will I ever make it? I'm really not so sure I can. Joe keeps reminding me that it is only temporary. I know he's right and I really love knowing that I am working to get him through seminary. I want to serve him and this is one way I get to do it right now. He is such a good, caring husband who serves me everyday and so I can do this for him....but he owes me ;)

4 comments:

  1. I totally read you blog! well done and witty :) I wish I live near you and that sweet child of yours. i mean really- she is soo stinkin CUTE!!

    I miss you friend and you are quite the woman for bearing a child! way to go through what seems like the impossible!

    love//abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Blogs are so fun!!! Can't wait to read allllll about you and your adorable family!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Megan! I found your blog through facebook this morning. Not really sure how serious you are about starting a blog to make money, but I was reading through one of my favorite blogs this morning and thought their post for the day was too perfect for you: http://www.younghouselove.com/

    they live here in Richmond and are totally amazing at DIY projects. This is probably not your niche, but they give some really good advice on starting a blog none-the-less. Love you bunches and hope you, Joe, and Sophie Grace are doing well!!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, you continue to make me proud that I'm your mother-in-law. Obviously, your writing skill, with concise thoughts and ideas is a beautiful talent. Your boldness to express yourself from the heart is not something that everyone can do.

    I know that your heart aches at the prospect of having to go back to work. With the Lord by your side you will make it. Many times I've found peace,when life is difficult,in God's Word. I have used 1Peter 1:3-7 often. I love the promise in verses 6 and 7 -- "In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold,which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed." I think this is your trial but praise the Lord it will only be for a little while. I will be praying for you.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete