Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I couldn't think of anything clever...

and that is why I haven't posted in a few days. Also I am way tired and busy being mommy =) I'm pretty sure that by the time I get home from work in the afternoons I am going to be completely wiped out. Especially since my baby girl decides a few mornings a week that she wants to wake up at 4 or 4:30 instead of sleeping until 6 or 6:30. But maybe I won't mind so much next week when I'm back at work because it means an extra half hour I get to spend with her. She smiles when she hears my voice as I walk into the room and I just love when she stops to look at me while eating and flashes me a smile that sends milk dribbling out of her mouth. And the things I'm saying to her are, "why are you awake right now? we do not wake up at 4am... this is not okay and makes mommy very tired." Sophie Grace just smiles and then how can I truly be upset with that sweet face?


What do I even do all day? Today we took Joe to work and then ran to Babies R Us to get a sun shade for the stroller. When we got home it was time for her to eat again. I uploaded pics and videos to facebook and Sophie Grace was getting mad so I put her to bed. That was like a half hour ago and I am listening to her grunt to break out of her swaddle, still not sleeping, but not fussing either. I am starving so I plan on eating lunch after I post and then I need a shower. This afternoon we babysit for a few hours and then we hang out just the two of us tonight because Joe has class. I mean that's a busy day...seriously. If I didn't waste so much time online I'd probably get to do things like put away the laundry I folded this morning but washed yesterday. Things are a process that usually take days to finish. Same goes for cleaning the house....

So with so much free time but so much busyness I completely overlook the single most important thing in my life. My relationship with Jesus. I hate it. I hate how distracted I let myself be. Couldn't I be engaging in the Word and prayer right now instead of blogging about it? And this amazing man I'm married too is encouraging me daily to read and I guess I do it half the time...maybe. And almost every time I do go to it the baby wakes up an hour before expected or something. It's hard. And I need to quit making excuses. Any moms out there with advice or encouragement about this?

"You won't spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God." ~1 Peter 4:2

Yes! Yes! Yes! This is what I want. I am so thirsty for Him! So what's my problem?

3 comments:

  1. Hey sweet girl!! Just so you know...you are not alone!! It took me quite a while to get my QT back in the routine. Once she starts waking up more at the same time each day it will be easier. Even though I am at home with Caleb, I get up at 6 (he sleeps 'til 7) so that I can get mine in. Otherwise, there's not a chance!! Just squeeze it in when you can and talk to God ALL throughout the day! I prayed alot while we had some rocking time when he was little! Remember that God knows your business so trust that whatever amount of time you can spend with Him, He will honor. Hope you are well. You have one precious little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan,
    I am struggling through that same thing 6 weeks post-partum. I had an older, wiser woman encourage me by telling me to seek God in the moments I had and to not be too hard on myself because God is gentle with those who have young! Sometimes it is from lack of trying and discipline that quiet times with the Lord do not happen and sometimes it is just one of those days with out a lick of quiet!! Just ask God for time with Him and I know He will be faitful to give you what you need. I'm so thankful our Lord is full of grace and mercy with us. Being a new mom is quite a difficult task...I think I pray more for strength and dependence on Him more than ever before! I just pray that God brings Scripture to my mind even when I am too tired or overwhelmed to open His Word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very hard. God told I had to sacrifice sleep (WHAT!) and meet with him first...I still fail often but instead of getting legalistic, i just open my Bible through out the day and study. I am listening to this Radial series, http://www.brookhills.org/media/series/radical/

    how you heard of it? it is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete